Tuesday, November 17, 2015

Hear Me


I held a metaphoric gun to his head
Loaded with bullets of truth
My finger on the trigger and itching to squeeze...
He looked me in the eye...
I looked back... back without blinking
He said "please" spare me..
My hand steady and my words spoken clearly...
I said to him...
You're going to hear me...
He "begged" me...
"Please don't hurt me"...
My anger grew intensely.
What about the plea of Tray saying "Stop following me."
Mike saying "I don't have a gun."
Eric claiming he "can't breathe."
Oscar unarmed, screaming "you shot me."
Did you listen to their cries of mercy?
You're going to hear me...
We scream no justice no peace
We march
we organize
And yet still we die by those sworn to protect us
But their just another set of the Klu Klux Klan with badges in hand...
We're tired...
We're tired of these drawn out trials and these officers still not being fired...
Tired of the parents burying their sons and daughters due to police slaughter....
You're going to hear me...
I...
No.
We stand not for just the few, but the many..
For the weak and weary
For the deaf and the blind
For the misunderstood because of their mental minds
We stand because of our skin
Because it's our right
Because it's our blessing and yet your burden
Because we are God's creation, not his abomination...
Because we deserve to LIVE...
I pulled the trigger to the gun of truth
And let the bullets rip through the flesh of ignorance...
Penetrate through his skull of naiveness
And puncture his emotions...
Then I left his body brittle...
I left his mind numb...
I metaphorically held a gun to his head
I shot my truth
Now I'm on the run from Amerikkka...
But at least I know he heard me...
Lady R © 2015

No comments:

Post a Comment