Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Drifting on a Memory

Drifting On A Memory
Drifting on a memory...
Cloud nine is where I use to be
Singing songs to the melody that plays
Quietly in my head..
The words of "Let me love you"
Being whispered softly in my ear
Telling me I have nothing to fear
To let my guard down so that ou can surround me
With the attention you say I deserve...
Drifting on a memory
Cloud nine is where I use to be
Getting cards and flowers for no reason
Good morning texts
Afternoon "I miss you" messages
Ending the day with night cap activities
Hugs and kisses
Nibbles and licks
With a splash of sensualty
Made it all real for me...
Drifting on a memory
Cloud nine is where I use to be
Until one day devastation hit me
You said you no longer had love me
Watching my number on your caller ID
As you ignored the calls from me.
Took my heart and tied it to a tree
Beating all the feelings out of me..
Then leaving it dangling
Until I'm able to rescue it from further mangling...
Drifting on a memory..
Cloud nine is where I use to
Trying to mend the many parts of me
Not only physcially but mentally and emotionally
Those sunny skies for a while were just
Gray for me..
Those happy tunes
Fell on deaf ears
And I felt nothing but animosity
Something like hatred for something that
You stole away from me
A piece of mind...
Drifting on a memory..
Cloud nine is where I use to be
Devoting all of me
To somone who only gave half of he
Not realizing it
Blinded by what I was feeling
Instead of what my eyes were seeing
My ears were hearing
I became a victim of my feelings
Eventually healing and surfacing back to
The me I use to be..
One quiet nights when my mind is idle
I slip back into that past we had
I smile because without it I wouldn't be
The stronger woman you helped me to be
Heart break will do that...
As I put my headphones on
And listen to this song..
Drifting on a memory..
Lady R © 2014

No comments:

Post a Comment