Tuesday, June 10, 2014

I Can't Breathe

I Can't Breathe...
My airways are constricted..
My thoughts conflicted
Yes's turn to no's and my no's to yes's
As I pace back and forth leaving a groove in the floor
I hear foot steps approaching the door
And I freeze...
I can't breathe..
The anger building up inside me.
My colorful sense is focused on one color alone
Red..
Crimson red..
The same crimson red that stained my clothes
As I held them close and felt them take their last breathe
With their last rise and fall of their chest
My heart stopped beating and for a moment I went with them
I can't breathe..
I can't conceive anything around me..
I can't hear..
My screams feel like I'm in a silent movie
Words captioned on the bottom of a T.V screen
Ignored, because to you they mean nothing..
Everything's in slow motion as the authorities tear your body away from me..
I'm numb..
I can't feel anything
I'm gasping for air..
I can't breathe..
I'm heartbroken as I watch a piece of me being wheeled away..
Vowed for revenge on the same day..
Restless nights
Relentless thoughts
And reality setting in...
Hiccupping as my eyes are streaming blinding tears
A tightness in my throat
An increase in my heartbeat
When I realized those same foot steps are getting closer to me..
Clutched in one hand his picture..
The other..
A shiny piece of steel that could steal your remaining years of living..
No remorse
I'm not sorry..
At this point only GOD can judge me
As I raise my weaponry
I can't breathe
You're face to face to me
I can't breathe
Staring down this barrel
I can't breathe
You lunge at me!
I squeeze the trigger!
You can't breathe...
And I'm finally exhaling...
Lady R © 2014

No comments:

Post a Comment