Monday, December 23, 2013

My Coin Flipper

15/31(3)
My Coin Flipper

The rain came down in trenches
Drenches not only his clothing
But the thoughts within
He watches me closely I can see him as he
Flips his coin in the air.
His empty eyes
His blank stares
Those glares..
Send chills down my skin
He follows me..
Watching me as I try and stray away
But it's like a scene from a movie
No matter how fast I run he's right behind me
Flipping his coin in the air
Every corner..
He's there
Every shelter
He's there..
Just flipping that coin in the air
I remember..
I was faced with a situation
And as soon as I was about to make my decision
A change came over me when I seen him watching
In the rain..
Flipping his coin in the air
His stare got to me
I could feel him watching me...
From a distance
I'll tell you about another instance
True it was probably going to be another bad decision
And as soon as I was standing right in front of it.
Like it was literally right there
In reach
Just in my grasp
And I felt his eyes burning a whole in my soul
Whatever, I was going to do left me just as quickly as it entered
I turned to see him
Flipping that coin in the air
That evening..
I went home
Removed my clothing..
And rinsed what I felt was the filth from the day..
As I did, I felt a burden being lifted
Like a new life had been given
And yes it was still raining.
After my shower I turned on the television
And the images before my eyes brought tears to my eyes
Those situation I was trying to place myself in
The people involved in it met an untimely demise
One person shot
Another one stabbed
And a car accident with no survivors
How I'm thankful
That his stares steered me home and out of the line of fire..
That night I went to bed..
And as I laid down my head..
I looked out the once more
To see that man
With wings expanded..
Flipping that coin in the air.

Lady R © 2013

No comments:

Post a Comment