Monday, December 23, 2013

I Am This


I Am This


People seem to take me as a joke when I’m writing, but I get the last laugh when I’m chuckling on my way to bank from what the bleeding of my ink did. How candid can you be when you see me on the streets talking about “hey baby, I missed you.” And I’m like “Oh nigga now you know me?” Weren’t you the same one who told me that I wasn’t going to get anywhere because I didn’t have it lyrically? Well, I got news for you I got this shit poetically. It may not be to a beat that you can hear, but it flows to the beat of my heart and from the start I felt this. When I picked up the pen I melted into this, and sexed the words until I gave birth to this.

Let me break it down some more since I can tell in by the look in your face that you can’t understand what I’m going for. See these words aren’t just words that I am speaking. I cook this; I eat this, and then shit out something amazing. Smelling like tulips because roses are overrated and that last line you read again because it left you faded.

I do this because I am this. I was born with a pen in my hand and gifted with poetic expression from the lyrical Gods. I pour my blood, tears, and sweat into this. I build my mental to this. I strengthen my physical to this, and I let my spirit run all through this.

It’s funny how you didn’t believe in this and was so quick to dismiss my ability to handle this, but when you see me on your TV screen and hear my on your radio you’ll finally realize how I can control this dactylic flow, leaving your jaw dropped to the floor and you trying to kiss my ass as I sashay pass and once I’m at a distance I turn to you to blow you a kiss and leave you with the message; I do this, I’m true to this; this poetic lifestyle I AM THIS.


Lady R © 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment