Friday, December 6, 2013

Freeze

Freeze. Let me remember you just the way you are.
As a star.
Shining the brightest in the night; lighting up the blackness of the sky.
Before these streets took over your heart.
Freeze. Let me picture as I use to.
I saw you as the happy-go-lucky.
Nothing ever seemed to bother you. You were the one who everyone else day.
Until the streets got a hold of you and turned you into someone unrecognizable.
Freeze. Let reminisce on how we use to do.
We'd hangout all times of the night not caring if we had to get up early, but surely that's when we use to fuss and fight because you wanted to sleep in after our long night. I miss those times.
Freeze. Let me dwell upon the good times we shared. The love that was and is still there. Even though these streets have taken the place of where I use to be and now I feel as if we; me is just a distant memory.
Freeze.
Those red and blue lights are swarming you.
Freeze.
Those policemen are yelling at you.
Freeze.
No don't run please! I'm watching and yelling.
Freeze.
Get down on your knees! They are steady aiming.
Freeze.
Drop your weapon!
Freeze.
Shots blaring out. I'm hearing nothing the sounds are deafening. I'm screaming but no one seems to hear me.
Freeze.
The entire scene I just witnessed. Tears streaming as I continue to see this.
Another life lost to these streets.
All you had to do.
Was just..
Freeze.

Lady R © 2013

No comments:

Post a Comment